"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." ~Zig Ziglar
Here's 7 Ways to Boost Daily Momentum
1. Gratitude - As soon as you rise out of bed in the morning, be grateful for waking up and all of your blessings. Be even more grateful for the things to come.
2. Affirmations - Stating positive phrases or affirmations is a great way to start your day. This could be even more effective if you say them while looking in the mirror and using "You" instead of "I". You know how motivated and confident you feel when someone gives you compliments? Well, you can stand in the mirror and give yourself all the compliments you want. This is a powerful exercise.
3. Monitor your "self talk" - If you have a habit of thinking negative thoughts and talking negatively to yourself, it's time to get it under control. We all have negative thoughts and internal dialogue. It's something that may never go away; but you can control and reduce it. First, you have to be consciously aware of it. Monitor it, and when you find yourself having these types of thoughts, banish them immediately. One of the things I like to do when I find myself having negative thoughts or internal dialogue is, I will start naming things that I love. You don't have to do this aloud, you can just think of all the things you are grateful for and all of the things you love. Example, you can turn a thought like "I'm having such a bad day" into "I am so grateful to be alive on this beautiful day, I love my life!".
4. Keep looking ahead - Remember that whatever happened in the past is in the past. All we can do is learn from our past. If there's anything you've been dwelling on or if there are any grudges you've been holding, let them go now. You have my permission and support. It serves you no justice to hold grudges. They just drain your energy. Ask yourself what you have learned from past experiences and take only the learnings with you and leave the feelings and grudges behind. You have a whole new, bright future ahead of you and each day is the start of a new future.
5. Have a conversation with someone motivating - You know that one person who always seems to motivate and inspire you whenever you talk to them? The optimistic person who's glass is always half full? Call them up! A talk with someone like this may be just what you need to get you through your day.
6. Read motivational quotes, stories or books - Find something inspiring to read. Keep motivational quotes posted at your desk. Read motivational articles, stories or books during breaks throughout the day. If you're following me on social media, you will be inspired and motivated by my posts (my page links are at the top of this website).
7. Look at motivational pictures - Maybe pictures of your children, spouse or pets. Have an inspiring or motivational screensaver on your phone. Flip your wallet open and stare at these pictures for a minute. Looking at pictures of your family can sometimes give you that extra push you need to get through the day, as for many of us, they're one of the reasons you work so hard at what you do. You can also look at pictures of other things that motivate you - travel destinations, flowers and nature, items you'd like to buy, etc. One more tip, when looking at pictures of things you want, imagine that you already have them and hold onto that feeling of having them.
Bonus Tip: Smile every day, no matter what!
So, you have some things you've been asking for. More money, more clothes, bigger house, new car, your dream partner....whatever you've been asking for....but ask yourself this question. "Am I ready to receive?"
Think about it....if you want more money, how do you handle your money now. Are you grateful for every dime you receive? Every check? Every penny you find on the ground? Are you thankful? Do you manage your finances tactfully? If you answered "No" to any of these questions, the truth is...you may not be ready to receive more...so now the question for you to ask yourself is, "What can I be doing differently (or better) that will make me ready to receive?"
The same thing goes for more clothes...does your closet have space for new clothes? Bigger house...do you appreciate and take care of the house you're in now? New car...dream partner...are you ready?
If you say you want to have a magical relationship, how do you treat your partner now? Do you appreciate him/her? As they are now? Or are you always looking for flaws, always looking for what they could be doing better......Look within....look inside of yourself....ask yourself, "What can I be doing better? Am I the perfect spouse? Am I the person whom I would want to be with?"
Also, when you GIVE...do you give wholeheartedly? Or are you giving with intention and expectation for something in return?
These are things you should be thinking about before you ask for anything more....these are things I always ask myself...if I ever wonder why I have yet to receive that of which I've been asking for....I first ask myself..."Am I ready to receive?"
Sometimes, the answer is, "No." And that's when I go within, and make adjustments, make some changes to my thoughts...my perception...my attitude.
This week's message is short and sweet....simple question...."Am I ready to receive?" Be ready, because once you are, abundance will flood into your life like never before!!!
Shift from Confusion to Clarity - Get the FREE PDF Guide
Danise Jarrett is a Master Certified Life and Success Coach, experienced in the Law of Attraction and success principles. When reading her posts, you'll be motivated towards creating and living the life you truly deserve!